Saturday, August 8, 2009

POM Wonderful!

A few weeks ago I received an email from POM Wonderful asking if I'd like some samples of their pomegranate juice. I was so ecstatic as I'm already a huge fan of POM's pomegranate juice. If you are a regular reader of my blog you know that I love anything with pomegranates not just because I love the taste but also because of the great health benefits. Pomegranates are full of antioxidants and have been known for their health benefits for centuries (especially in the Middle East). Growing up Kurdish...we ate pomegranates all the time (my friends would always ask what that weird fruit was that we were eating!) and I am so happy that they are now getting the recognition in the U.S. they deserve.

The great thing about POM's juice is that their juice is 100% authentic pomegranate juice...it's all natural and contains no added sugars, preservatives, colors or cheap filler juices....and their pomegranate orchards are in California so they are local....not imported from overseas.


Very excited to get this package....I will take any freebies I can as this blog does cost me money to make all the recipes....now that doesn't mean I'll always do a good review on a product...I will not endorse or talk up a product just because it was given to me. I will test it in recipes and if it's something I feel is worthy of a post...then I'll write about it.
Loved the fact that they personalized the package and sent me a letter about their company and all the benefits of their product!
Aren't the bottles so pretty? I do love this pomegranate juice and have been using it for years. When I owned my restaurant we bought this by the case to use in our signature pomegranate martinis and our pomegranate vinaigrette. When we started making these two items it was about 6 years ago and before the pomegranate craze....our customers went crazy for both these items. So since POM Wonderful was so generous in giving me these samples....I will be posting a few recipes on here in the next couple days using their product.

For more information about POM Wonderful and the benefits of pomegranates....go to www.pomwonderful.com






8 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited to read that you are making recipes featuring POM as I just recieved a case of it too! Well, about a week ago. I've been slowly sipping on it. I think it's an aquired taste. (Super cold, tons of crushed ice and I'm good!)
Thanks Avesta!
~ingrid

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Ooops, meant to tell you that the salad dressing sounds really good and of course anything dessert! :)
~ingrid

Anonymous said...

Hi Avesta -- what a great coverage on pomwonderful, I love their juice, what a treat.

As a matter of fact, I love everything pomegranates, my favorite is a skin care line made of pomegranate seed oil by a company called pomega5 from California, isn't it a coincidence that pomewonderful is also a CA company?

I purchase my pomega5 products at wholefoods but you can also purchase them online at www.pomega5.com

Try the healing cream...

What wonderful world of pomegranates... and fantastic skin care

Nora

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

Can't wait to read about your recipes. I'll buy this product. Thanks.

Olga said...

what? They personalized yours? Now I don't feel as special b/c mine did not have my name on it ;)

Your martini looks awesome: it's one of my favorite drinks: pretty and sweet.

Ann (Healthy Tasty Chow) said...

Hey, I just found you from GFC- I'm an omaha food blogger too- and at about the same time, I ALSO got some POM, I haven't reviewed it yet because it's fizzy and fermented so it's just hanging out in my fridge and I'm woried about drinking it. Hmmmmm....

avesta said...

Hi Ann! I wouldn't use it if it's fermented...throw it away...did you not put it in the fridge right away when you got it? I just checked out your website...it's great!!!!

Ann (Healthy Tasty Chow) said...

Thanks:) Yours too- I'm excited for whatever you're going to bring to Omaha with food, I'll be a customer! Yep, I put it in the fridge right away- but since it was sent in a box and not any form of cooler- the four tiny cool packs were HOT by the time I got it. I may just do a little review anyway since they were nice enough to send it to me...I have had it before of course!