Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday Scrambled Eggs

My husband loves my scrambled eggs and whenever I make them for friends and family they always ask how I make them so fluffy....sooooo.....here's the secret!

Avesta's Scrambled Eggs:
6-8 eggs
1/4 cup 1/2 & 1/2 or heavy cream
1 tablespoon butter
salt & pepper to taste

The most important part of making good eggs is starting off with good eggs. I like to use the cage-free brown eggs.

The reason I make such fluffy eggs is because I whip my eggs with 1/2 & 1/2 or heavy cream (yes you can substitute milk here if you want). I whip them in a blender just until they are nice and fluffy...you don't want to whip them too long. Once my eggs are nice and fluffy, I melt 1 tablespoon butter in a non-stick pan.


Once your butter is melted and spread all over your pan, slowly pour your egg mixture in the pan and let your eggs cook for about 15-20 seconds before you start scrambling them. This is also when I season my eggs. Use a wooden spoon or rubber spatula to scramble your eggs.

I turn my heat off once I start scrambling the eggs because you don't need a lot of heat to cook eggs as they do cook pretty fast and I don't like having that brownish color on my eggs.

How long you cook your eggs depends on how well you like your eggs to be cooked. My husband likes hard-scrambled eggs that are chopped up small, so I cook his a little longer than needed, but again, because I turn the heat off once I start scrambling the eggs, my eggs are cooked well-done but aren't brown.

I love having that spicy flavor in my eggs, but have found that using hot sauce or salsa really changes the flavor of my eggs, so I have discovered this product called "Hot Salt" I love using this on my eggs! Try it...it's so yummy!





1 comment:

amy turn sharp said...

that is what we are making in the morning! yumm! thanks Avesta! xoxoxo